Employment at PDS
Currently Open Positions:
There are currently no openings for 2018-2019, however, we welcome applications and resumes year-round from individuals interested in future employment.
The school selects highly qualified and motivated life-long learners who are eager to instruct and mentor based on educational research and for whom our Christian principles are a good fit.
The school invests significant resources in teacher training and professional development.
- Over the last nine years, the school has sent over 85% of PDS teachers to Project Zero at the Harvard Graduate School of Education.
- The school invests heavily and aggressively in professional development.
- The school provides summer grants for curriculum study and international travel.
- Teachers participate in school-wide summer reading.
- New teachers are assigned a mentor teacher to guide them through the first year at PDS.
- Teachers occupy leadership positions as facilitators of teacher book groups, instructional team chairs, committee chairs, and grade level lead teachers.
- Teachers attend workshops, seminars, and institutes.
- Teachers are encouraged to share their expertise as conference presenters (have done so in South Africa and New Zealand and throughout U.S.).
- Teachers network with other experts in the field of education by participating in action research and visiting other schools.
- Teachers are encouraged to seek graduate degrees, and PDS offsets some of the cost toward that end.
- Teachers are a mix of veteran, mid-career and young teachers who all contribute richly to the school community and our on-going conversation about what it means to be well educated in the 21st century.
- Teachers are given both support and flexibility and the opportunity to exercise curricular leadership in a stimulating professional environment.
PDS provides significant technological resources for boys and teachers:
- Every classroom has a SmartBoards to encourage a higher degree creative and flexibility in teaching.
- Every classroom has access to a student laptop carts for PK-6th grade.
- Three technology curriculum specialists support teachers in their efforts to integrate technology into their teaching.
- PDS provides every teacher a laptop for school use.
PDS graduates eventually matriculate at many of our nation’s most competitive universities, and our alumni have distinguished themselves as scholars and leaders around the country.
PDS offers a very competitive compensation package.
PDS invites applications for consideration for jobs that may be available in the fall.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, transcript, transcript, background check authorization, and job application including a philosophy of education where applicable for consideration. Typically, applications are reviewed in late winter and early spring. Due to the competitive nature of the applicant pool, it is advisable that interested applicants apply as early as possible. After careful review, a select group of applicants will be contacted for a first round interview.
For more information contact:
Head of Early Childhood (YK-SK)
Head of Elementary School Division (1st-6th)