Last Updated on Tuesday, 31 July 2012 19:41
Please help your son remember to bring his backpack to school daily. Students are not allowed to attach key chains to their backpack.
Your son will need a frog print Happi Nappi blanket for rest time. This item can be purchased from the school. Please bring this on the first day of school. Your son will leave this in his cubby during the week. We will send them home weekly to be washed.
Your son will be given a folder that is to be brought to school daily. Place any notes in the Ziploc bag that is stapled to the inside of this folder. To make sure we receive all notes, please put them into this Ziploc bag and not the folder pocket.
Put your child’s name on everything he brings to school (jackets, hats, toys, etc.). Send a complete change of seasonal clothes in a large Ziploc bag, labeled with your son’s name, in case of a spill or accident. These will remain in his cubby for the year. It is helpful if you explain this change of clothes to your son.
Scholastic Book Orders
If you wish to order books, check the ones you want on the book order and put your child’s name at the bottom. Make checks payable to Scholastic Books.
Do not send cash or make checks payable to PDS or the teacher. Within a week, send the order form and check back to school in an envelope marked “Book Order”. It usually takes three weeks to receive the orders, so please assure your son that his books are on the way.
Be sure that your child has a jacket, coat, hat, and gloves during cold weather. We do not permit the boys to engage in any pretend fighting OR wrestling activities on the playground. Please emphasize this to your son.
We will take field trips this year. If you volunteer to go and/or drive, you must make other arrangements for younger siblings so that your full attention can be devoted to the boys. You are responsible for the safety and well being of the boys both in the car and on the field trip. We know this is a great time for the parents to visit, but we ask that your full attention be given to the boys for the duration of the trip.
Students are required to have a solid red, collared shirt to wear on field trips. This may be purchased, if you so desire, from the PDS Parents’ Association Spirit Sale before or after the parent meeting in August.
Please refer to your PDS handbook. Junior Kindergarten follows the school dress code as stated on this page.
- All students must maintain a neat and clean appearance (i.e. belts, when pants have belt loops, etc.)
- Shirts with regulation collars are required and shirttails should be tucked in. Football jerseys and T-shirts with/without printing are unacceptable.
- Athletic clothes may not be worn during the regular school day.
- Blue jeans may not be worn.
- Sweat pants are acceptable in Junior Kindergarten, however overalls are not.
- Shorts are permissible. Cut-off pants and short shorts are not permissible.
- Shoes with regular socks (not footies) must be worn. Sandals, open toed shoes or open heeled shoes are not allowed.
- Any boy with an unusual haircut or bleached hair will not be permitted to attend class. Any boy in need of a haircut will be given a reasonable time to accomplish this. The hair must not cover the collar in the back or the eyes in front.
- The wearing of tattoos, beads, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, silly bands, or headbands is not allowed.
Dress Down Days
Occasionally we have a special dress down day when the students are allowed to break from the normal dress code to celebrate a special event. You will be notified when these days are awarded.