Last Updated on Monday, 13 August 2012 07:37
Morning Drop-Off: PK, JK, SK1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6thAfternoon Pick-Up: PK, JK, SK1st, 2nd, 3rd4th, 5th, 6th
Since PDS shares parking and common areas with the Second Presbyterian Church, it is necessary to coordinate traffic so that each institution might assure the safety of all individuals. When picking up your child, please abide by
the following guidelines:
• Drive with extreme caution before, during, and after school.
• Watch for children crossing the driveways.
• Observe all stop signs and crosswalks.
• Have your PDS decal clearly showing on the passenger side of your front windshield. (You must have the decal for a boy to be sent to your car) We would respectfully request that parents picking up children avoid the following practices:
• Blocking driveways and/or parking under the porches connecting the buildings
• Parking in front of the school. If you park, please use the west parking lot in front of the gym.
• Parking in reserved spaces and spaces marked by yellow or red curbs
• On days of special school activities, parking in the immediate area is extremely difficult. Please do not abandon your car in the driveway. Use the lot east of the Sanctuary and the additional lot across Goodlett
• Because of the extremely heavy traffic in the morning and afternoon, we ask that you do not make a left hand turn onto Poplar from the one-way drives on either side of the school building. A right turn may be inconvenient, but it is considerably safer and will ease the backup of traffic onto Poplar.
• The Central Avenue driveway on the east side of the school building is one-way during carpool times only
. It is a two-way driveway at all other times. • Do not use your cell phones. A momentary distraction could have a deadly result.
• Do not form double lines.
• Abide by the guidelines set for your son's particular grade level.
• Parents may not pick up boys at any of the school playgrounds.