Why should PDS Alumni support the Annual Fund?
Give back to the school that gave you a firm foundation…academically, spiritually and physically. PDS is your first alma mater. Like all independent schools, PDS depends on the generosity of its parents, grandparents, friends, and alumni to help bridge the gap between the cost of tuition and the actual cost of a PDS education. Some of the ways your gifts impact the daily aspects and operations of PDS:
- Monies from the Annual Fund go directly into the operating budget of PDS. There are many programs that could not exist if it were not for these gifts.
- Your gifts help the PDS teachers with their professional growth. They are able to attend workshops and seminars to learn the latest and best methods for teaching your son.
Your gifts help to attract new teachers and provide competitive salaries and benefits to our current teachers.
- Your gifts help provide new science and athletic equipment, computers, musical instruments and learning specialists.
- Your gifts help support the character development program Building Boys, Making Men.
- Your gifts keep PDS boys safe by increasing security on campus.
- Your gifts help maintain long standing traditions at PDS such as Grandparents Day, the Christmas Pageant, Yipes Stripes and various graduation festivities.
Your support shows that you appreciate the education and foundation that you received from PDS. Other alumni, parents, grandparents and friends generously gave to the PDS Annual Fund when you were a student, please consider giving a donation for the PDS boys of today. They are our future.