- When your son launches a internet browser (Chrome or Safari), a blue screen, with “Captive Portal” will appear.
ImportantYou will not see the login to Captive Portal until you attempt to load a new webpage from within Chrome or Safari. When you first open Safari, you may be seeing a cached page that is already loaded. On the iPads, click on the + icon at the top right and try to load any other webpage and you will then see the Captive Portal login. On the Macbooks, load another webpage such as apple.com.
- Skip over the two boxes for username and password. Your son will need to click the link titled, "Google Auth,” which appears towards the bottom of that screen.
- Once he clicks on the link, he will be prompted to enter his PDS Gmail username and password. Google email and password. Those are all found on the parent letter inside your son’s device bag.
- The next screen will have him enter his email password. He will have to click “Next” two times to finish the authentication process.
- Once he is done, his home internet connection will work.
While this process will be repeated every five days, it should only take a minute to complete.