- While the iPad is filtered off-campus, please remember that no filter can block 100% of questionable material. As a parent, you should still monitor your child’s use of the Internet while at home. Instructions regarding connecting to the school’s filter are listed on the back. A video demonstrating logging into Captive Portal, our filtering service is available here.
- Please don’t leave the device unattended in public places, including locked cars.
- PDS has disinfected your son’s iPad. If you wish to clean it again, we ask that you use a sanitizing wipe, squeezing out all excess liquid prior to application. Turn off the machine before wiping it down.
- Only use the provided charger to charge the iPad.
- If something should happen to the iPad, please do not try and fix a software or hardware issue. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to report issues or problems, and we will contact you within an hour during the normal working school day.
- Do not attach your personal Apple ID to the device. These iPads are managed by PDS. Apps cannot be installed or removed from the iPad.
- IMPORTANT: Do not run any updates on the iPad, especially the operating system. Please remind your son to ignore any prompts that may pop up on the device. You will need to contact email@example.com if an operating system upgrade was performed.
- You can connect the iPad to your home’s network the same way you connect other mobile devices. (Launch the Settings app, choose WIFI, select your home network, and enter your network’s password.)
Chief Information Officer