At PDS we believe that we represent the school in all that we do, especially in the way we appear for school every day. A neat, tasteful appearance contributes to the positive impression we make. As a result, the school expects all students to be suitably attired and groomed during school hours or when representing PDS. The guidelines presented below spell out very clearly the school’s expectations for student dress:
All students must maintain a neat and clean appearance at all times. Only collared shirts are permitted, and shirttails for 1–6 grade students must be tucked in. Plain or printed tee shirts and football jerseys are not acceptable.
Athletic clothes may not be worn during the regular school day.
Blue jeans may not be worn. Neat, clean, chino-type trousers in various colors may be worn. No rompers, belts or overalls may be worn in PK. Overalls may not be worn; sweat pants or wind pants may not be worn in the Elementary Division (grades 1–6).
Bermuda length shorts are permissible. Neither cut-off pants nor denim pants are permitted.
Shoes with clearly visible socks must be worn. Sandals, Crocs, or other shoes without closed heels are not allowed.
Any boy with excessively long or dyed hair or hair styled in a such a way as to cause a significant distraction for other boys will not be permitted to attend class. Any boy in need of a haircut will be given a reasonable time to accomplish this. The hair must not be over the collar in the back or over the eyes in the front.
Jackets, dress shirts, and ties must be worn for all field trips in grades two and above (any exceptions will be especially noted). Tattoos, beads, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, and headbands are not allowed. Belts must be worn with pants that have loops.
The school reserves the right to require a boy to make necessary changes should he arrive at school dressed or appearing in a manner that is distracting or not within the spirit of these regulations.
Early Childhood students follow the school dress code as stated below:
- All students must maintain a neat and clean appearance (i.e. belts, when pants have belt loops, etc.)
- Shirts with regulation collars are required. Having shirt tails tucked in is a goal for JK and SK students. Football jerseys and T-shirts with/without printing are unacceptable.
- Athletic clothes may not be worn during the regular school day.
- Blue jeans may not be worn.
- Sweat pants are acceptable, however overalls are not.
- Shorts are permissible. Cut-off pants and short shorts are not permissible.
- Athletic shoes and clearly visible socks must be worn at all times. Open-toe or open heeled shoes may not be worn. (Example: Crocs, Keens, or sandals) Rain boots and cowboy boots are not permissible.
- Any boy with an unusual haircut or bleached hair will not be permitted to attend class. Any boy in need of a haircut will be given a reasonable time to accomplish this. The hair must not cover the collar in the back or the eyes in front.
- The wearing of visible tattoos, beads, necklaces, earrings, bracelets, silly bands, or headbands is not allowed.