Strategic Parenting: Reinforce These Virtues at Home
At the beginning of each month, we'll be providing parents with talking points and action points to complement what we're doing at school. It's all about strategic parenting.
Cast Vision: Virtue of the Month
The True Friend
- True Friends “leave no man behind”
- True Friends make true commitments
Communicate Truth: Monthly Scripture
“A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.” Proverbs 18:24
- Memorize this scripture together this month
- Teach your son what it means to be a friend that sticks close
Commit to Discipleship Teaching Points
- Talk about the positives and negatives of having a large number of friends.
- Talk about why it is important for men to have a small number of close friends.
- Give your son some examples of how close friends have helped you in certain situations in your life.
Make a list of your close friends and your son’s close friends. Commit to praying with your son each day this month for your friends.
Chief Memory Maker
Invite a close friend over to play one afternoon with your son and a close friend of his choice. It could be something as simple as kickball in the yard or going to an event together.
This is a great way for your son to see you interacting with a close friend.