Strategic Parenting: Reinforce These Virtues at Home
At the beginning of each month, we'll be providing parents with talking points and action points to complement what we're doing at school. It's all about strategic parenting.
Cast Vision: Virtue of the Month
The Servant Leader
- Servant Leaders live by the motto “I am third”
- Servant Leaders serve others even when it is unpopular
Communicate Truth: Monthly Scripture
"As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another” 1 Peter 4:10
- Memorize this scripture together this month
- Teach your son what it means to use your gifts to serve others
Commit to Discipleship Teaching Points
- Talk to your son about the gifts that God has given you. Give him examples of how you use those gifts.
- Make a list with your son of his gifts and your gifts.
- After completing that list, discuss with him how each of you can use your gifts to serve others.
Invite a group of dads and sons for Saturday of service. Activities might include raking yards or cleaning up at your church or school.
Chief Memory Maker
Find a local ministry that helps families in need with a Thanksgiving meal and serve them as a family.