Strategic Parenting: Reinforce These Virtues at Home
At the beginning of each month, we'll be providing parents with talking points and action points to complement what we're doing at school. It's all about strategic parenting.
Cast Vision: Virtue of the Month
The Bold Adventurer
- Bold Adventurers “don’t sit around”
- Bold Adventurers live by God’s standards rather than the worlds
Communicate Truth: Monthly Scripture
"Do not love the world or the things in the world." 1 John 2:15
- Memorize this scripture together this month
- Teach you son what it means to love the world
Commit to Discipleship Teaching Points
- Communicate with your son the differences between what God values and what the world values.
- Make a list with your son detailing the things of the world that we give too much value.
- After completing that list, ask your son what your family needs to do in order to place more value on the things of God rather than the things of the world.
Take an afternoon and make Valentine’s Day cards for those people living in assisted living facilities in your community. Deliver them with your son.
Chief Memory Maker
Take time with your son and plan out his idea of a Bold Adventurer trip. Start planning, saving, and set a date for it.