1. Though Dr. J (Julius Erving) is best known as a Philadelphia 76ers all-time great, he once scored 63 points in a game as a member of the New York Nets.
2. He can still dunk at age 63 (he is 65 now)
3. He won the first-ever slam dunk competition.
4. His work with the Salvation Army: In fact, this is why he is in the Bluff City right now… The First Tennessee Foundation and the Salvation Army of Memphis are hosting the 2015 Hardin Annual Dinner at the Botanic Gardens tonight featuring the legendary Hall of Famer.
5. He was nice enough to drop by PDS, courtesy of our good friend Brad Martin to meet with a couple classes of PDS boys. He answered a bunch of questions and talked a bit about responsibility, growing up and the Salvation Army and the Kroc Center.
We love showing off our campus and our boys.
Presbyterian Day School (PDS) is a private, Christian preschool and elementary school serving boys from 2-years-old through 6th grade for almost 75 years.
With our mission of striving to glorify God by developing boys in wisdom and stature and favor with God and man, we take a holistic approach to education, nurturing the heart, soul, mind, and body of each boy.