Parents are encouraged to support the school in several ways. First, please pray for the school. Pray for the safety, growth, and happiness of our boys. Pray that our teachers and staff might have wisdom, inspiration, energy, and love. Pray that we might all be united in purpose and as a community.
Second, all parents are encouraged to make a financial gift to the school according to their means. Each year, donations to the Annual Fund help the school sustain excellence in teaching, support the health of our boys via our full-time nurse, and secure our campus with our in-house security team.
There are many ways you can support the Annual Fund, cash or check, stocks and mutual funds, and through other non-liquid assets.
A Few Facts about the Annual Fund:
- Tuition dollars cover just under 90% of the actual cost to educate a PDS boy.
- Monies from the Annual Fund go directly into the operating budget of PDS. There are many programs that could not exist if it were not for these generous gifts.
- Your gifts are keeping PDS boys safe by increasing security on campus.
- We have over 50 security cameras and 4 armed guards.
- Your gifts help PDS teachers with their professional growth. They are able to attend seminars and workshops all over the country to learn the latest and best methods with which to educate boys.
- Your gifts help to keep our class sizes smaller so that the student/teacher ratio is 8 to 1.
- Your gifts help PDS attract new teachers and provide a competitive salary and benefits to our current teachers.
- Your gifts help provide science and athletic equipment, computers, and learning specialists.
- Your gifts help support our character development program Building Boys, Making Men.
- Your gifts help maintain long standing traditions at PDS such as Grandparents Day, the Father/Son Dinner, the Christmas Pageant, Yipes Stripes and 6th-grade graduation festivities.
We are thankful for the support of our parents. As always, our goal is 100% participation from all parents and faculty.
Participation at any level is appreciated and provides a vote of confidence in PDS. We ask that every parent make a gift to the Annual Fund.
No gift is too big or too small.
The boys of PDS say THANKS in advance!